We believe our growing multi-cultural student and alumni base share a common passion – the desire and determination to become excellent in their pursuit of their global career dreams. Hear them talk about how UBIS helped shape that goal for them.
Joining UBIS Alumni Online Community
As a UBIS graduate you are now part of the UBIS Alumni Online 7 Community which exists to keep you connected to each other and with UBIS.
Search for other classmates and friends, make new connections or simply have access to the functions made available on the UBIS Alumni Community platform. The UBIS Alumni Online Community is a place for UBIS Alumni to connect and socialize. Membership is exclusive to UBIS alumni only.
Your UBIS Alumni Online Community membership enables you to:
- Access the Online Alumni Directory: The alphabetical index containing the names and email addresses of all Alumni who have completed their studies and earned a degree at UBIS.
- Access the Alumni Network: The community maintains a group of alumni networks enabling UBIS Alumni to build mutually beneficial relationship with past graduates. Utilize this valuable tool to achieve your goals and create opportunities to connect with like-minded professionals.
- Connect with UBIS Ambassadors: UBIS has international networks and contacts across the world. UBIS Ambassadors are alumni graduates who have offered to serve as contacts in their regions for the UBIS community. These ambassadors are there to help support and guide young alumni.
- Receive Invitations to workshops and networking events
- Receive special offers and discounts (exclusive to UBIS Alumni)
- Access Career Advisory Services: Advice and guidance are provided to all our UBIS Alumni to help you build your career or build your business plan. Services include: Developing and enhancing your CV, support in applying for work and publication of job adverts.
If you have recently graduated, you can even book an appointment for one to one careers advice and consultation.
UBIS Workshop: Networking Skills
Networking is key in finding a job or in pursuing a career. UBIS, in partnership with Mike Johnson, writer and expert in talent management, has designed a unique workshop to give participants a practical tool box to be successful. The content includes: What is a network? What can it do? How do you set it up? How do you cultivate and nurture it (grow it) and what is the likely result? In addition to this we will provide you with new ways to extend your network, though social media and most importantly face-to-face interaction. Topics include: How offering free advice helps build a network for you; How doing research helps build a network and makes you a “person of interest“/ “Go To Guru”; What is it going to cost you; How to set a budget; Getting others help – “You develop your own network”; Going live with a publication that will ensure your reputation; How to make it yourself; How to do this though social media; Creating a “buzz” about who you are and what you can offer. Have a preview of this workshop
UBIS Executive Workshops
In addition to its degree programs UBIS has developed with practitioners a series of workshops. These workshops are either industry specific (Private Banking, Islamic Banking, Cleantech, Oil and Gas, International Organizations, etc.) or career enhancement related (International Job market, Interviewing Skills, Cross Cultural Management, etc). UBIS workshops are often held in a variety of cities in a short intensive format. Full list and schedules can be found on here
UBIS provides the education for various types of career training and career advancement. Below are just some of the examples of where some our students and Alumni are employed along with their wide range of job titles.
- Administrative Referee, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Croatia, Croatia
- Brand Sales and Marketing Manager, Pierre Kunz Geneve SA, Geneva, Switzerland
- Department of Administration – Accountant, Artraction, Geneva, Switzerland
- Development Products Manager, Franck Muller Watchland, Geneva, Switzerland
- Global Fund Program Manager, UNDP, Liberia
- The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Geneva Switzerland
- Financial Program Officer, Inter-African Committee, Geneva Switzerland
- HR Administrator, Global Petroprojects Services AG, Geneva, Switzerland
- Internal Communications Executive, Lloyds TSB, International Private Banking.
- Marketing Coordinator Continental Europe and Americas, Michael Page International, Geneva, Switzerland
- Office Manager, Luxury and Mechanical Watch Distribution AG, Group Franck Muller Watchland, Geneva Switzerland
- Operations Sector Johnson & Johnson Corporation, Le Locle, Switzerland