Doctorate of Business Administration – All but Dissertation Track
The Doctorate of Business Administration ABD track is to designed exclusively for doctoral candidates that have progressed in their doctoral studies to the dissertation point, but have not yet completed their doctoral dissertation. This highly flexible program provides ABD doctoral candidates a unique opportunity to create a balanced pathway to complete their doctorate. This balanced pathway allows candidates to leverage their professional experience and prior academic learning, access to seminar based courses unique to areas where additional support may be necessary, and the opportunity to begin the dissertation track at UBIS immediately.
- Online course delivery designed with high flexibility for industry professionals.
- Designed to be completed in 1-1.5 years.*
- All But Dissertation candidates will be required to complete the dissertation track courses which consist of six segments focused on dissertation formation, progression, defense and publication.
- A candidate may elect to take advantage of one or more of the available seminar courses offered in support of preparing for and completing the dissertation process. **
- Personalized coaching and guidance by doctoral faculty.
- Flexibility to focus on your desired research topic as long as the research is connected to management.
*This represents an average. Completion times may vary based on a candidate’s elected pace, seminar participation, and movement through the dissertation progression.
**Taking seminar-based courses is an option to ABD candidates and may increase the time and cost of the DBA program.
DBA All But Dissertation Pathway
All But Dissertation DBA candidate are eligible to engage the dissertation track immediately. UBIS provides a high level of flexibility and support for dissertation topics and progression.
- Research Success Strategies – Research Topic Scanning and Selection
- Research Proposal – Research Work with Support
- Literature Review – Research Work with Support
- Preliminary Dissertation: Methodology – Research Work with Advisory Support
- Revised Preliminary Dissertation: Data Collection & Pretests – Research Work with Advisory Support
- Data Analysis & Findings
- Draft One of Dissertation
- Dissertation Defense and Publication
Dissertation Seminars are optional to DBA candidates that enter the program as “All But Dissertation.” A candidate may opt-in to these seminars in order to help their progression in the dissertation track. Electing to take a seminar may increase both the time to complete the program and the cost of completing the program.
- Seminar One – General Research Methodology
- Seminar Two – Research Methodologies for Business and Management
- Seminar Three – Quantitative and Qualitative Research 1
- Seminar Four – Quantitative and Qualitative Research 2
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to identify problems related to U.S. and foreign businesses and to respond artfully to these challenges. In addition, graduates will be empowered with the knowledge and skills required to work as leaders in U.S. business organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and international entities.
Graduates of the Doctorate of Business Administration can:
- Demonstrate fluency within the chosen discipline
- Demonstrate support of current and emerging business theory, practice, and influences that support business administration strategy and organizational missions in changing environments
- Integrate appropriate principles and research methodologies frequently used in business research to solve current business administration problems
- Formulate effective solutions to real-world problems in business administration that improve the effectiveness of organizations in support of organizational missions.
Research and Dissertation Overview
The UBIS DBA research and thesis portion of the program consists primarily of individual research, under the supervision of qualified professors who provide a broad range of expertise as well as an international reputation.
At UBIS, every selected student will receive rigorous and tailor-made coaching by our doctoral faculty. The program can cover traditional research topics in fields such as management, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, as well as non-traditional topics depending on students’ needs. Virtually all topics are accepted as long as the research is connected to management.
Each module will contribute to the research for your Dissertation. Moreover, our very practical DBA is based on skills rather than merely research like other Doctorate programs. We will also help you perfect your public speaking abilities which we know is very important for any professional career.
During the program you will be guided by a professor with a deep understanding of the field you will be studying but at the end of the day the expert on the particular topic will be you.
1 to 1.5 years
All But Dissertation - DBA Program Overview
|Available Support Seminars||Dissertation Track Courses|
100% in English
*Total cost may increase for ABD candidates that elect to take support seminars.
Flexible online courses to accommodate the personal and work schedules of business professionals.
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Close links with
the corporate world
Dual Degree Programs
Outstanding Selection of Professors
Online - Blended
(Transfer between formats)
84% study abroad alumni felt their studies abroad helped them build valuable skills for the job market
Transfer your credits
UBIS welcomes students who wish to continue their studies by transferring to the university. UBIS has three 16-week semesters per year and offers students 9 entry dates per year-more flexibility in starting your studies.
Acceptance of transfer credit is always a decision of receiving institutions. UBIS does not guarantee transferability. Any student interested in transferring UBIS credit to another university should check directly with the receiving institution.