MBA to DBA Bridge Track
The MBA to DBA Bridge Track is designed exclusively for UBIS MBA students with aspirations of continuing their studies at the doctoral level. MBA students will be able to apply three of their MBA courses towards the DBA bridge track allowing them to take 11 courses and one seminar course to complete the DBA program. This track requires completion of the UBIS MBA program in-full.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to identify problems related to U.S. and foreign businesses and to respond artfully to these challenges. In addition, graduates will be empowered with the knowledge and skills required to work as leaders in U.S. business organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and international entities.
Graduates of the Master of Business Administration can:
- Formulate evidence-based business solutions founded on stakeholder needs and interests.
- Exercise principles of ethical leadership in a variety of diverse, professional settings.
- Develop decisions and managerial actions that enhance organizational success through effective communication and teamwork.
- Apply advanced knowledge in the legal, theoretical, and practical aspects of operating a business.
Graduates of the Doctorate of Business Administration can:
- Demonstrate fluency within the chosen discipline
- Demonstrate support of current and emerging business theory, practice, and influences that support business administration strategy and organizational missions in changing environments
- Integrate appropriate principles and research methodologies frequently used in business research to solve current business administration problems
- Formulate effective solutions to real-world problems in business administration that improve the effectiveness of organizations in support of organizational missions
MBA Program Overview
- Online and on-campus course modalities to accommodate busy schedules and preferred learning styles.
- Frequent and flexible start dates – three 16-week semesters per year and offers students 9 entry dates per year.
- 15 Total Courses – 45 US/90 ECTS semester credit hours.
- Includes 5 Concentration Courses (15 US/30 ECTS credits) – MBA students must choose one or more of the following concentrations:
- Finance and Banking
- Digital Entrepreneurship and Growth
- International Business
- Business Sustainability and Ethics
- Information Technology Management
DBA Program Overview
- Online course delivery designed with high flexibility for industry professionals.
- Designed to be completed in 3 years including dissertation.
- Total of 60 credits US, consisting of 15 courses including dissertation defense.
- Three MBA to DBA Transfer Courses (DBA 703, DBA 705, and DBA 706) – total of 15 US/30 ETCS credits.
- Five 700 level courses – total of 25 US/50 ETCS credits.
- One 700 level seminar course – total of 2 US/4 ETCS credits.
- Six 800 level courses – total of 18US/36 ETCS credits.
- Personalized coaching and guidance by doctoral faculty.
- Flexibility to focus on your desired research topic as long as the research is connected to management.
Research and Dissertation Overview
The UBIS DBA research and thesis portion of the program consists primarily of individual research, under the supervision of qualified professors who provide a broad range of expertise as well as an international reputation.
At UBIS, every selected student will receive rigorous and tailor-made coaching by our doctoral faculty. The program can cover traditional research topics in fields such as management, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, as well as non-traditional topics depending on students’ needs. Virtually all topics are accepted as long as the research is connected to management.
Each module will contribute to the research for your Dissertation. Moreover, our very practical DBA is based on skills rather than merely research like other Doctorate programs. We will also help you perfect your public speaking abilities which we know is very important for any professional career.
During the program you will be guided by a professor with a deep understanding of the field you will be studying but at the end of the day the expert on the particular topic will be you.
MBA – 1 to 2 years
DBA – 3 to 4 years
MBA to DBA Bridge = 4 to 6 years
|MBA Courses||DBA Courses|
|ECO 602 Managerial Economics||DBA 701 Business & Management Research at the doctoral level|
|FIN 608 Financial Management Theory and Practice||DBA 702 Literature review methods and legitimate resources|
|MCO 608 Managing a Contemporary Business Information System||DBA 703 Trends in Strategic Management (Transfer from MBA)|
|MGT 621 Introduction to Global Business||DBA 705 Trends in Leadership (Transfer from MBA)|
|MGT 616 Strategic Management, Competitiveness & Globalization||DBA 706 Trends in Sustainability and Responsibility (Transfer from MBA)|
|MGT 607 Business Analytics, Data Analysis & Decision Making||DBA 707 Case Study Research|
|MGT 609 Operations, Supply Chain and Project Management||DBA 708 Advanced Qualitative Techniques|
|MGT 620 Strategic Human Resources Management||DBA 709 Advanced Quantitative Techniques|
|MKT 606 Marketing Strategy||DBA710 Doctoral Candidacy Seminar|
|MGT 642 Business Sustainability, Ethics and Social Responsibility||DBA 800 Doctoral Research I: Proposal Development|
|DBA 801 Doctoral Research II: Introduction & Literature Review|
|DBA 802 Doctoral Research III: Methodology|
|DBA 803 Doctoral Research IV: Results and Findings|
|DBA 804 Doctoral Research V: Discussion and Conclusion|
|DBA 810 Dissertation Defense and Publication|
100% in English
Tuition for DBA Only= $34,500 USD
Flexible online courses to accommodate the personal and work schedules of business professionals.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) to Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Close links with
the corporate world
Dual Degree Programs
Outstanding Selection of Professors
Online - Blended
(Transfer between formats)
84% study abroad alumni felt their studies abroad helped them build valuable skills for the job market
Transfer your credits
UBIS welcomes students who wish to continue their studies by transferring to the university. UBIS has three 16-week semesters per year and offers students 9 entry dates per year-more flexibility in starting your studies.
Acceptance of transfer credit is always a decision of receiving institutions. UBIS does not guarantee transferability. Any student interested in transferring UBIS credit to another university should check directly with the receiving institution.